Decree N° 2011/408 of December 09, 2011 organising the Government grants to the Ministry of Social Affairs (MINAS) the responsibility to elaborate, implement the Government policy in prevention, assistance and protection of socially vulnerable persons.
In this capacity, MINAS is responsible for:
• The prevention and treatment of juvenile delinquency and social maladjustment;
• The fight against social exclusions in conjunction with the authorities concerned ;
• The fight against person trafficking including under age children in conjunction with the authorities concerned;
• The protection of persons victim of physical abuses;
• The follow up of the protection proceedings of the childhood at risk in conjunction with the authorities concerned;
• The follow up of older persons and persons with disabilities in conjunction with the authorities concerned;
• The follow up of persons involved by the use of drugs in connection with the authorities concerned;
• The facilitation of social reinsertion;
• The national solidarity;
• The follow up of training schools of social staff;
• The animation, supervision and follow up of schools and institutions converging to the implementation of the social protection policy.
It provides the link between the Government and the United Nations Children’s Emergency Funds (UNICEF) in relation to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
It supervises the National Rehabilitation Centre for Persons with Disabilities Cardinal Paul Emile LEGER (CNRPH).
It also performs the technical supervision institutions protecting and delivering care to the child, excluding schools under Ministries in charge of education.